For the life of me, I don’t understand that angst among some Republicans about the large and growing field of presidential candidates. Republicans should be celebrating this extraordinary and unique field that will, as always, winnow itself down as time goes on.
Consider this roster…
- The son of one U.S. president and brother of another, who was also a governor
- A world-renowned black neurosurgeon
- One of the most successful woman (or is it women?) executives in our nation’s history
- A credible, viable libertarian-leaning Goldwateresque senator
- Two Hispanic senators from two of our largest states
- A former senator and leading social conservative
- A former governor, TV host and leading social conservative
- Four current governors and two other former governors, one of Indian descent
- A moderate “McCain Republican” senator
- Donald Trump!
On the other hand, the Democrats have…
- An avowed socialist
- A former RINO poster child
- A former mayor of Baltimore (how’d that work out for everybody?)
- And Jim Webb (who?)
The large and diverse GOP field is a strength, not a weakness. Don’t fret it. Enjoy it.
A MASSIVE DROUGHT OF BASIC INTELLIGENCE
The drought in California is beyond serious. It’s a crisis of massive proportions.
As such, residents of Santa Barbara are considering taking a long-shuttered desalinization plant out of mothballs to begin converting salt water from the ocean into usable fresh water.
Makes perfect sense.
Unless you’re a blithering environmental wacko idiot.
A Washington Post story today describes the hand-wringing by environmentalists who are worried that sucking water out of the vastness of the Pacific Ocean might “disturb the ocean’s ecology” and “could kill untold number of fish eggs and tiny organisms.”
As opposed to everything that’s dying of thirst on land right now, including, you know, people.
The wackos’ proposed possible solutions: Do nothing and hope the drought ends and capture rainwater.
How do you “capture rainwater” when there’s no rain?
Seriously. How stuck on stupid are these people?
WE DECIDED COALITION UPDATE
CLICK HERE if you want to be kept up-to-date on progress on efforts to repeal the largest tax hike in Nevada history.
NEVER FORGET WHO SOLD YOU OUT
Here’s the full Gang of 13 rogue’s gallery of RINO state Assemblymen who voted for the largest tax hike in Nevada’s history, including creation of a new gross receipts tax…
- Assemblyman James “The Big Selloutski” Oscarson – Nye County
- Assemblyman P.K. O’Neill – Carson City
- Assemblyman Pat “RINO” Hickey – Washoe
- Assemblyman Randy “Kirner Tax” Kirner – Washoe
- Assemblyman David Gardner – Clark
- Assemblywoman Melissa Woodbury – Clark
- Assemblyman Lynn “The Bug Man” Stewart – Clark
- Assemblyman Paul Anderson – Clark
- Assemblyman Derek Armstrong-Anderson – Clark
- Assemblyman Stephen Silberkraus – Clark
- Assemblyman Erv Nelson – Clark
- Assemblyman Glenn Trowbridge – Clark
- Assembly Speaker-of-the-Weak John Hambrick – Clark