Wait a minute…
We have a government system in place called “e-Verify” that confirms whether or not someone is legally eligible to work in this country.
So please explain why we don’t have a similar system to verify whether or not someone is legally eligible to VOTE in this country. What am I missing here?
By the way, the only thread of a somewhat legitimate argument against requiring photo ID before voting is this silly notion that “poor” people can’t afford it.
So Nevada State Sen. Michael Roberson (R-Las Vegas) introduced a bill this week that essentially says any legally eligible voter who doesn’t have a driver’s license and cannot afford a photo ID will be provided one free of charge by the DMV.
Now can we pass a photo ID bill?
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. The annual “Nevada Big Give” campaign – in which local residents are encouraged to donate to local non-profit organizations who are going great things for local communities – ends tomorrow (close of business on March 23, 2017).
Allow me to put in a plug in for Windy’s Ranch & Pig Rescue where my daughter, Jenna, has been volunteering pretty much every weekend for the past few years.
Pot-belly pigs are just SO cute when they’re born. Think “Babe,” “Wilbur” from Scarlett’s Web, and “Piglet” from Winnie the Pooh. But like kids, they grow up! And also like kids, they’re often a 20-year commitment or more.
As such, many families who bring home a cute, little piglet end up dumping them.
Windy’s has been rescuing these abandoned animals – along with “horses (including a blind one!), ducks, chickens, cats, a dog or two, and an emu” – for almost eight years now.
Please consider making a donation to Windy’s for Nevada’s Big Give campaign by clicking here. They are a 501(c)(3) non-profit operation, so your contribution IS tax-deductible.
- Police Eye Terrorism in UK Parliament Attack
- Trump Slams SCOTUS Nominee Gorsuch: ‘I’ll Criticize Judges’
- Gorsuch: Trump’s Criticism of Judges ‘Disheartening,’ ‘Demoralizing’
- Report: Trump to Be Liberty U. Commencement Speaker
- Lockheed Martin CEO: Trump Reason for F-35 Price Drop
- Heritage Foundation: AHCA ‘Flawed,’ Doesn’t Lower Costs
- Meadows Not Moved by Trump’s Words on Obamacare Repeal
- Amash: GOP Wrong on Obamacare Replacement Support
- Freedom Caucus: Not Enough Changes, Health Bill Won’t Pass
- Sears Doubts It Will Survive Much Longer
- Police: Chicago Teen Apparently Gang-Raped on Facebook Live
- WH: Alleged Md. Rape a Tragedy of Failed Immigration Policies
- ‘Gong Show’ Creator Chuck Barris Dies at 87
- White House: ‘Deep State’ Real, Attacks Trump
- Student Sues Pennsylvania School over Transgender Policy
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
Finally! A common-sense, long-overdue bill has been introduced in the 2017 Nevada Legislature.
Assembly Bill 334, sponsored by conservative Assemblyman John Ellison (R-Elko), “provides that a driver on a highway with two or more lanes for traffic traveling in the same direction may not continue to operate a motor vehicle in the extreme left lane of the highway if the driver knows, or reasonably should know, that he or she is being overtaken in that lane from the rear by a motor vehicle traveling at a higher rate of speed.”
Wanna cut down on so-called “road rage”? This bill would do it! Bravo, Assemblyman Ellison.
On the other end of the spectrum is perhaps the worst piece of special interest garbage legislation introduced by a Republican so far this session – a bill from freshman Assemblyman Jill Tolles of Reno to ban the use of highly-accurate online vision tests using your smart-phone…all to protect brick-and-mortar optometrists from competition.
Read more about it by clicking here.
- This pimp wants to end sex trafficking in Nevada
- The shocking moment a thug in an Eeyore onesie body slams a guitar-wielding man on the Vegas Strip and knocks him out cold
- Joecks: Sandoval’s Medicaid moves hurting Heller
- Only 43 Percent Of Voters Can Name Supreme Court Judge
- Trump’s call for school vouchers is a return to a campaign pledge
- U.S. Bans Passengers Of Middle Eastern Airlines From Bringing Electronics On Planes
- The Internet is freaking out over this giant chicken
- Italy’s Struggling Economy Has World’s Healthiest People
- The 10 highest-paying tech jobs in America in 2017
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“There are more than 3,000 active pimps and somewhere around 32,000 girls who come to Las Vegas every year to apply their trade. … It’s been estimated that there are 300 girls under the age of 16 that are being trafficked all the time. You’ve got pimps having shootouts on the Strip killing each other. You have a pimp kill a couple of girls right in a casino parking garage. It’s out of hand. Las Vegas is the sexual cesspool of America.” – Dennis Hof, owner of seven LEGAL brothels in Nevada, Las Vegas Sun, 3/20/17