Bravo, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez!
According to an Associated Press report on Sunday, Gov. Martinez “chided lawmakers for wasting time by approving tax increases and minimum wage increases that she does not support.” Martinez said she will refuse to sign the legislation.
“I will never allow lawmakers to raise taxes on families in order to bail out big government,” the Republican governor declared.
Oh, if only Nevada had a Republican governor!
Instead, we’re stuck with the “Worst Governor in America.”
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. I arrived at the Nevada Legislature last Friday around 1 pm. It was a ghost-town. Only a few legislators even in their offices. Remember that in May when legislators start their bi-annual whine that 120 days isn’t enough to do the people’s business.
I did run into Assemblyman Billy “A.A.” McCurdy Junior in the hallway. He introduced himself. We shook hands. Then he started complaining about me referring to him as the “affirmative action” candidate for Democrat State Party chairman even though HE ran his campaign on the fact that he was black.
McCurdy came across as an awfully arrogant, self-entitled twenty-something. I’m guessing I won’t be on his Christmas card list this year!
- Grassley: Not Enough ‘Transparency’ in Comey’s Testimony
- Trump: Claims of Collusion With Russia ‘Fake News’
- Feds Investigate ‘Bot-Engineered’ Pro-Trump Fake News
- Barney Frank to James Comey: ‘Please Go Away’
- Soros-Aligned Donors May Back Grassroots Trump Opposition
- Trump to GOP Lawmakers: Back Health Bill or Risk Losing Seats
- GOP Tweaks Obamacare Repeal Bill to Get Conservative Votes
- GOP Polling Shows Its Voters Demand Obamacare Repeal
- Freedom Caucus: Not Enough Changes, Health Bill Won’t Pass
- Pence Grows AHCA Support With Its Pro-Life Provisions
- Trump Looks Outside Beltway for Support on AHCA
- Kasich, Other GOP Govs Shoot Down Medicaid Changes
- North Carolina’s Economy Remains Strong Despite Boycott Over Bathroom Law
- Comedian Joe Piscopo Won’t Run for New Jersey Governor as Republican
- Trump Was Being a Gentleman, UK’s May Says on Holding Hands
- Time, People Scrap Glitzy WH Correspondents’ Eve Party
- Company: Dakota Access Pipeline to Be Operating ‘Sometime This Week’
- 9/11 Lawsuit Claims Saudi Arabia Played Part in Attacks
- Trump Administration Weighing Broad Sanctions on North Korea
- Report: DHS List Targets Police Agencies Not Helping Feds
- Reuters: Tillerson Plans to Skip NATO Meeting, Visit Russia in April
- Fox News Pulls Judge Napolitano After England-Trump Wiretap Claim
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
In a story published by the Las Vegas Review-Journal last week, Las Vegas City Councilman Steve Ross accused me of “misleading” the public about the ability of anyone other than Republic Services to handle trash collection in the city.
But I have PROOF that the only one misleading the public on this issue is Councilman Ross. Read all about it by clicking here.
And if you haven’t already signed our online petition urging the City of Las Vegas to put its trash-hauling contract up for public bid, please add your name by going to: www.GiveMeChoice.com
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Globally, there are many countries like Germany where contact lenses don’t require prescriptions. They’re sold over the counter. I don’t see any Germans walking around with eye patches because they’re going blind.” – Cary Samourkachian, founder of Lens.com, The Hill, 3/18/17