OK, so let me get this straight…
In 2014, Russian President Vladmir Putin invaded Ukraine and annexed Crimea…and U.S. President Barack Obama did nothing more than a little huffing-and-puffing.
But after suspecting that Putin may have hacked the Democrat Party’s computer system in the 2016 election, suddenly Obama “man’s up” and expels 35 Russian diplomats just three weeks before leaving office?
Is this some kind of sick joke?
Looking back on more of the highs and lows of the Obama administration’s last eight years…
- Terrorist attacks on U.S. soil rose
- The national deficit rose
- Racial strife rose
- Attacks on police and law enforcement officers rose
- Health care costs rose (as coverage dropped)
- The number of people who quit looking for jobs rose
- The number of companies moving off-shore rose
- Obama’s opinion of himself rose
- Foreign respect for U.S. leadership sank
- American respect for the U.S. presidency sank
Heckuva job, Obammy! January 20th can’t come soon enough.
Happy New Year, everyone.
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. If you haven’t done so yet, there’s still time to add your name to Citizen Outreach’s “YUGE” commemorative good luck card that will be hand-delivered to President Donald Trump to mark the occasion of his official inauguration on January 20th.
- Trump’s Praise of Putin Could Signal a New Day for US Policy
- Ex-CIA Director Woolsey: Putin ‘Played His Cards Very Shrewdly’
- Trump Praises Putin’s ‘Great Move’ to Not Expel US Diplomats
- Trump Slams CNN, NBC on Russia Coverage: ‘Don’t Have a Clue’
- Trump Wishes Happy New Year to ‘My Enemies Who Lost So Badly!’
- AP: Like Reagan, Donald Trump Remaking GOP in His Image
- Bannon: ‘Hobbits and Deplorables’ Helped Trump Win
- Huckabee to Hollywood: Lay Off Trump or Risk Going Broke
- Trump Said to Consider Conway’s Husband for Top Legal Job
- Trump Inaugural Parade Includes Over 8,000 People
- Trump Meets With Candidates for Agriculture Secretary
- Clergy Leaders Want to Meet With Trump to Press ‘Moral Agenda’
- Actor Tom Arnold Asks Hackers to Steal Trump Dirt
- Trump to Ring in New Year With ‘Rocky’ Star Stallone
- Sarah Palin to Trump: Quit UN
- Trump Channeling JFK, Reagan in Writing His Inaugural Speech
- Charlie Sheen Tweets That He Wishes Trump Would Die
- With Trump’s Victory, GOP Hopes to Overhaul Medicaid
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
* * * Great news that November’s new gun-control law in Nevada has been declared unenforceable by Attorney General Adam Laxalt, but do not think, for even a minute, that the issue is dead. The gun-grabbers will never quit and will surely continue pushing their anti-Second Amendment agenda when the Legislature reconvenes in February.
* * * On Thursday, Nevada U.S. Sen. Dean Heller announced that he will be seeking re-election in 2018 rather than giving up his seat and running for governor. This is good news, as the Senate is closely divided and Heller is practically a shoo-in for re-election. Which means the seat will stay in GOP hands and Heller will remain the state’s senior senator instead of newly-elected Democrat Sen. Catherine Cortez-Masto-Reid.
* * * Conservative Nevada State Assemblyman John Ellison (R-Elko) has introduced a joint resolution BDR (Bill Draft Request) which “Recognizes the strategic partnership and bond of friendship with, and expresses the Nevada Legislature’s support for, the State of Israel.”
What’s interesting about this BDR is that it was submitted LAST AUGUST, long before petulant President Barack Obama threw Israel under the bus at the United Nations this week. That makes Ellison prescient, not opportunistic. Will be interesting to see how many Democrats follow Obama’s lead and vote against the resolution.
* * * Former Republican Assemblywoman Michele Fiore has told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that she will be running for the Las Vegas City Council seat being vacated by term-limited Democrat Councilman Steve Ross – who will be trying to keep the seat in the family by running his wife for it.
The district is very GOP-friendly. Both Donald Trump and Mitt Romney carried it and it encompasses Fiore’s former assembly district. If the conservative firebrand is successful – and we’re wagering she will be – she’ll join fellow Republicans Bob Beers and Stavros Anthony on the council.
* * * My column about being forcibly “single-streamed” to once-a-week garbage collection by Republic Services caught the attention of one of the company’s executives and I was advised that, upon request, you can have a second trash container provided to your home free of charge. We already have ours. Thanks, Bob.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“A Mexican man accused of raping a 13-year-old girl on a Greyhound bus that traveled through Kansas had been deported 10 times and voluntarily removed from the U.S. another nine times since 2003, records obtained by The Associated Press show.” –NewsMax.com, 12/31/16