(Chuck Muth) – So I was heading to my favorite bar/restaurant, Atomic Liquors in downtown Las Vegas, yesterday morning. Planned to have lunch with my friend Samantha Stone, who was in town from Reno, and Citizen Outreach Executive Director Raven Omojola.
What I wasn’t planning on a having was a “T-bone” – but that’s exactly what I got.
Was heading westbound on Stewart. Stopped at traffic light listening to The Buck Sexton Show and waiting to hear some sound clip of Florida Democrat gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist saying something dumb.
Light turned green. I drove forward into the intersection. Then…
Whoever hit me slammed into the passenger side of my 2015 Hyundai that I haven’t even had for a year. Never saw it coming. Sure as hell never expected it. Thank God it was on the passenger side or I’d have been a goner.
Metro police officer told me the other driver blew through her red light doing some 40 mph. The impact threw me head-on into on-coming traffic, taking out another three cars.
Amazing how quickly AMR (American Medical Response) showed up. And particular thanks to EMT “Andrew” who checked me out and helped me into the ambulance.
A double thanks to everyone at UMC Trauma Center for the care and attention they provided. X-rays and CAT scan showed no broken bones or serious lacerations – other than my Campaign Doctor shirt they had to cut off.
But man, oh man, am I in a world of pain from head to toe, especially my rib cage.
At one point in the emergency room a nurse told me someone was going to come in and touch me all over my body to make sure I was OK. To which I naturally responded, “Oh, you mean like at a brothel?”
Chuckles all around…but it hurt so bad to laugh that I knocked that stuff off.
And triple thanks to everyone who wished me well and sent up a prayer or two on Twitter – especially my friend and former county commissioner Tom Collins who suggested I replace my totaled Hyundai with a Ford F350.
Good advice. I might have to take it.
And speaking of good advice…Yes, Mom, I was wearing clean underwear!
Gonna be out of commission for a few days – but I survived and will be back in the saddle before you know it as long as no complications develop. In the meantime, I’ll leave you with this.
Vote Joe Lombardo!
7 Ways Biden is Ruining America
Our friend Steve Moore at the Committee to Unleash Prosperity lists “the seven policies Biden has implemented that are tearing our country apart.”
- Dismantle the nation’s energy supply
- Don’t enforce the border
- Detain, arrest, and jail all your political enemies
- Devalue the nation’s currency through inflation
- Destroy the nation’s finances by running up the debt by multiple trillions of dollars of debt
- Divide rather than unite the nation – rich versus poor, black versus white, gay versus straight, urban versus city
- Dumb down and indoctrinate our children with anti-America propaganda in the schools and media and allowing teacher unions and left-wing activists to take over
- Obviously, the pro-abortion crowd is all-in for Gov. Steve Sisolak. That crowd also hates cops. For example, “NARAL Pro-Choice America supports the demands of the Movement for Black Lives, including defunding the police.” If you prefer DEFENDING the police, vote for Joe Lombardo. It’s that simple.
- Pat Spearman, far-left candidate for mayor of North Las Vegas, recently said she thought debates were the “best way to get information to the constituents that you want to represent.” Too bad her fellow bird of a left-wing feather, Attorney General Ron Ford, doesn’t agree. He continues to refuse to debate his GOP challenger, Republican Sigal Chattah. What’s he so afraid of?
Rightoberfest This Saturday!
“Rightoberfest: Youth Leadership Summit” is generously being sponsored by RE/MAX American Made. This Saturday, October 22nd, and is open to the public…
- FREE Admission
- FREE Parking
- FREE Speech!
Doors open at noon. Program to start at 12:30 pm.
- Panel: Crime & Punishment
- Speaker: Assemblywoman Annie Black
- Panel: Education & School Choice
- Keynote Address: Former Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman
- Happy Hour “Rightoberfest” Mixer with Oscar (“Let the martini’s fly!)
Panelists include Stavros Anthony, Rodney Taylor, Drew Johnson, Marcos Lopez & Charlie De La Paz.
Rock Star Bar & Grill
(Across the Strip from Town Square)
6730 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89119-3311
Phone: (702) 897-9500
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Every day that we let the teacher unions run our schools, our nation gets dumber – and poorer.” – Steve Moore
Mr. Muth is president of Citizen Outreach, publisher of Nevada News & Views and blogs at MuthsTruths.com. His views are his own.