(Chuck Muth) – Of the six “leaders” of the Nevada Assembly Republican Caucus, none are likely to return next session…which is actually GREAT news.
Minority Leader Robin Titus, Assistant Minority Co-Leader Tom Roberts, Minority Whip Glen Leavitt and Assistant Whip Lisa Krasner are running for other offices.
Assistant Minority Co-Leader Jill Tolles is quitting outright and Assistant Minority Whip Greg Hafen is in serious danger of losing his GOP primary against conservative challenger Melissa Blundo (disclaimer, one of my clients).
It is INSANE for Titus, Roberts, Leavitt, Krasner and Tolles to be desperately hanging onto their leadership positions for this election cycle. They ain’t goin’ back. They should all resign and turn their duties over to these other caucus members…
- John Ellison: Minority Leader (he’s termed out but SHOULD have been Leader last session if the RINOs hadn’t been in charge)
- Jill Dickman: Assistant Minority Leader
- Richard McArthur: Assistant Minority Leader
- Alexis Hansen: Minority Whip
- Heidi Kasama: Assistant Minority Whip
Of the other possibly-returning incumbents, Hafen is spineless, Melissa Hardy is a RINO (Republican in Name Only) and P.K. O’Neill still hasn’t apologized for voting for the largest tax hike in Nevada history back in 2015. So keep them out of any leadership positions.
I’m also hearing the caucus’ incompetent staff director has quit to start his own “consulting” firm (so he can blow races other than Assembly races) and has been replaced by another incompetent political operative who reportedly used to work for Leavitt during the session.
Stuck. On. Stupid.
On a similar but unrelated note…
Gubernatorial candidate Michele Fiore also serves as the Nevada Republican National Committeewoman. This is an obvious fundraising conflict, as fundraising is the main job of the committeewoman.
In the opinion of this “keyboard warrior,” she should step down at the Nevada GOP meeting later this month and let someone else take over the job who will actually put some time and effort into it.
As noted in yesterday’s Muth’s Truths, the Republican National Committee (RNC) put a final nail in the political party ambitions of Nevada State “Senateperson” Carrie Buck by issuing a cease-and-desist letter demanding that she stop falsely claiming to be chairman of a rogue Clark County Republican Party group.
Alas, the good “Senateperson” continues to refuse to take the wise advice of Quintas in The Gladiator that “people should know when they’re conquered.”
In response to an inquiry by Las Vegas Review-Journal reporter Blake Apgar, Buck “said the letter states the Nevada Republican Party has informed the Republican National Committee that it has recognized Law’s organization, but that the national committee does not state what Law’s organization is.”
Oh, puh-lease. As Mr. Apgar pointed out in the very next paragraph…
“The letter is clear about the organization Law is recognized as leading. ‘We are informed that the Nevada Republican Party has already issued press releases affirming that the only chartered central committee in Clark County is the organization chaired by Jesse Law,’ the letter to Buck states.”
It is absolutely unfathomable why Buck continues to beat this dead horse.
According to her bio, she has a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree and a Doctorate degree – which I guess demonstrates that being highly educated doesn’t necessarily mean you’re smart.
* A woman who reportedly “made $200,000 selling her farts online and ended up in the emergency room fearing she was about to die of a heart attack.” Any bets on who she supported in the 2020 presidential election?
* Why hasn’t the FBI found the person(s) who planted two pipe bombs at the Democrat and Republican party HQ’s on January 6? Why haven’t they even TALKED about it?
* If the Nevada GOP is going to do pre-primary endorsements, what are they waiting on to announce the process? We’re now just 8 weeks away from the opening of filing. Candidates need to know one way or the other…NOW.
* Radical Thought: Since its now painfully obvious the COVID vaccine doesn’t actually vaccinate you against COVID, the gov’t should be honest & simply state that it’ll reduce the symptoms if you catch the ‘VID and let people choose for themselves whether or not it’s worth the risk.
* “Studies,” CBS42.com reports, “are coming out that say the cloth masks that most have been wearing since the pandemic began may look good with their array of stylish colors, but it has not been very effective.” Duh.
“We are approaching a solemn anniversary this week. And it is an anniversary of a violent terrorist attack on the Capitol…” – Sen. Ted Cruz
“Of all the things January 6th was, it was definitely not a violent terrorist attack. It wasn’t an insurrection. Was it a riot? Sure. It was not a violent terrorist attack. Sorry! So why are you telling us it was, Ted Cruz?” – Tucker Carlson
Does NV GOP Senate candidate Adam Laxalt agree with Cruz, who’s endorsed him, or Tucker?
Same question for Laxalt’s GOP primary opponent, Capt. Sam Brown.
Inquiring minds wanna know.
Register Now: Campaign Boot Camp!
Campaign Boot Camp is unlike ANY political training program you’ve ever attended. You’ll learn and discover things that simply aren’t taught in political science classes in colleges and universities (or anywhere else, for that matter), including…
- The 15 Worst Mistakes of Losing Candidates
- The 20 Questions Every Candidate Better Be Able to Answer Before Talking to Voters, Donors or Reporters
- How to Write a Winning Campaign Plan
- How to Deal with the Media
- How to Write Killer Campaign Fundraising Letters, Blog Posts, Op-Eds, E-mails and Social Media Posts
- How to Put the “FUN” in High Dollar Fundraising
- How to Give Political Speeches That Don’t Suck
Next Boot Camp:
Saturday, January 15, 2022
Las Vegas, Nevada
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“The story that you won’t hear in the fake news re: #January6th is that tens of thousands of law-abiding citizens attended a fed government permitted rally on the ellipse to legally exercise their 1st amendment right to voice support for the sitting POTUS, and then we went home.” – Katrina Pierson
“Gathering for a political demonstration is not a crime… And when it comes to violence, I notice that the Left hasn’t seemed much interested in the violence and mob activity that has plagued the nation in the last three years.” – Sen. Josh Hawley
“Remember when AOC claimed she was ‘almost killed’ at the Capitol on Jan 6 and then we found out she wasn’t even there?” – Jordan Rachel
“9/11 and Pearl Harbor were days that an actual attack on democracy occurred. Comparing what happened a year ago to what happened on those horrific days, when thousands of lives were lost, is abhorrent.” – Courtney Holland
“Jan 6 Capital event was nothing more than a frat party that got out of hand. Disorderly Conduct-nothing more. They should have been issued citations and let go.” – David A. Clarke, Jr.
“U.S. Capitol Riot: 725+ arrests. 1 case dropped. BLM/Antifa Terrorist Attacks: 16,241 arrests. 90% of cases dropped.” – Todd Starnes
“Not a single regret, I was proud to be there as an American and a patriot, standing up for our country and for an election that I did not believe was done fairly.” – Nevada Republican gubernatorial candidate Joey Gilbert on his attendance at the January 6 protest
“The biggest threat to democracy we’re facing is the illegitimate Biden/Harris regime.” – Nevada Republican congressional candidate Carolina Serrano
“When Lindsey Graham is giving you advice, run the other way. That guy is wrong on everything.” – Steve Bannon
Mr. Muth is president of Citizen Outreach, publisher of Nevada News & Views and blogs at MuthsTruths.com