(Chuck Muth) – Funny editorial in the Las Vegas Sun on Friday. It was headlined, “GOP has been derelict in its duty to address challenges nation faces.” It started out thusly…
“Quick, name something the Republican Party has done to get the supply chain moving again. Nothing comes to mind? OK, how about the GOP’s solutions for inflation? Still drawing a blank? Well, don’t beat yourself up for not knowing, because the Republicans have offered nothing constructive on either issue.”
It goes on (and on and on) about one problem after another…infrastructure, job creation, social improvements, high drug prices, improving Medicare, yada, yada, yada.
Oh, puh-lease. Wake up and smell the inflated cost of coffee.
First, apparently the Sun doesn’t realize that Democrats have COMPLETE control of our entire federal government – the White House, all executive departments, the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives.
In addition, the Democrats have COMPLETE control of Nevada’s government – the governor’s office, all executive departments (hello, DETR!), the State Senate and the State Assembly.
Worse, Nevada continues to operate as a virtual dictatorship, with Gov. Steve Sisolak refusing to relinquish his unconstitutional “emergency” powers that he’s abused to keep totalitarian control over the entire state.
To suggest Republicans have any responsibility for $5/gallon gas is, at best, intellectually dishonest. In reality, it’s pure Soviet-level propaganda.
Democrats OWN all these problems, especially since they CREATED them. As Ben Domenech wrote today…
“When was the last time you had a hard time finding a turkey for Thanksgiving? Joe Biden is the worst president in a hundred years.”
And here’s another little bit of inconvenient truth…
Republicans had already fixed many of these problems, despite Democrat obstruction, when Donald Trump was in the White House and the GOP pursued his America First agenda.
There was no supply chain crisis. The economy was roaring. Inflation was in check. Unemployment was at record lows. The border was secure. Russia, China and North Korea were kept at bay. Peace was breaking out in the Middle East. Drug prices were coming down.
At the same time, Republicans attempted to deal with the infrastructure challenges that Democrats blocked.
The difference was, Republicans thought money for infrastructure projects should go to…well, you know, infrastructure projects. The Democrats’ definition of “infrastructure” seems to be anything BUT roads, highways and bridges.
Fact is, Democrats have made this mess, not Republicans. And it won’t get cleaned up until a year from now when the Democrats’ stranglehold on all levels of government – at both the state and federal level – is broken by voters.
Like in Virginia and New Jersey earlier this month.
The Sun – and the rest of the corporate media – can try to shift blame for this disaster all they want. But the people ain’t buyin’ it any longer. Their eyes are now fully open. The Day of Reckoning is coming.
Let’s go, Brandon!
* Former Democrat Nevada State Assemblyman Ozzie Fumo this week called Nevada Supreme Court Justice Doug Herndon, who beat Fumo for the seat last year, a “white supremacist.” It’s a despicable. Fumo – an ambulance-chasing lawyer running for district attorney next year – should be brought up on ethics charges with the State Bar of Nevada. Enough of this kind of racial arson.
* Sigal Chattah, GOP candidate for Nevada attorney general, and Joey Gilbert, GOP candidate for governor, have filed a lawsuit to block government-ordered mask mandates in schools. Wish more Republicans would fight back aggressively like this.
* Brendan Riley reports that Carson City Supervisor Maurice White “voted against appropriating $209K in federal grant money to nonprofits because the program ‘further(s) critical race theory.’” We could use more representatives with such principled backbones in the Nevada Legislature. A GOP primary to tax-hiking Assemblyman P.K. O’Neill?
* Carolina Serrano has been running for Nevada’s 4th congressional district. But her background actually makes her a better fit for the newly redrawn 1st congressional district that is now more competitive and currently being misrepresented by Rep. Dina Titus, who is facing a strong primary challenge from the left. And as Titus herself demonstrated years ago, you don’t have to live in a congressional district to run for it. Might be something to look at.
ELECTION ’22 UPDATE
* The newly redrawn legislative districts put RINO State Sen. Keith Pickard in the same district as RINO Assemblyman Glenn Leavitt, who has already announced he’s running for the seat. Pickard says he intends to run again, but I doubt it. Leavitt is now wavering on running for Senate if Pickard does foolishly attempt re-election.
Either way, conservative Assemblywoman Annie Black (disclaimer: a former client) would wipe out either or both in a GOP primary if she chooses to do so. The district if uber-safe for whichever Republican wins the primary.
7 Worst Habits of Highly Unelectable People
- Picking the wrong race
- Picking the wrong district
- Picking the wrong issues
- Picking the wrong time
- Picking the wrong consultants
- Picking unnecessary fights with the media
- Picking door-knocking over fundraising
Upcoming Campaign Boot Camps
Save the dates. Confirmation and details coming…
Saturday, January 15
Saturday, January 29
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Biden under anesthesia is about as mentally astute as when he’s awake.” – Rep. Lauren Boebert
“Prosecutors Find Mail-In Jury Votes At 3 AM, Rittenhouse Now Guilty.” – Babylon Bee (satire)
“I keep hearing about how ‘Kyle Rittenhouse shouldn’t have been there.’ You know who shouldn’t have been there? The rioters who attacked Kenosha. The businesses and livelihoods they destroyed haven’t recovered.” – Ian Miles Cheong
“Three white men — one convicted child rapist, one domestic abuser, and one previously charged with burglary — tried to burn down black-owned businesses and were shot when they attacked a kid and Colin (Kaepernick) insists it’s ‘white supremacy.’” – Dana Loesch
“The jury got it right – finding Rittenhouse not guilty on all charges. The fact that charges were brought before any serious investigation is evidence that the government was motivated by politics, which itself should be considered criminal.” – Tulsi Gabbard
“The Regime is losing its grip. People are waking up. They want their country back.” – Jack Posobiec
“Residents of Kenosha, Wisconsin should start a petition to rename the park across the street from the Kenosha courthouse from City Park to KYLE RITTENHOUSE PARK in honor of his courage, bravery, heroism when Black Lives Matter rioted, looted and burned the city.” – Sheriff David Clark
“The press releases coming out from Republicans are WEAK. It’s like the same person wrote them. NONE of them stand with Kyle. Screw. That. He’s not guilty. Say it. Say it’s a victory for freedom. For independent media. For truth. For America. Stop being such pu$$ies.” – Vicki McKenna
“Pay attention to how Republican candidates reacted to the Rittenhouse trial/verdict and their stance on it. Remember this during the primaries.” – Courtney Holland
Mr. Muth is president of Citizen Outreach, publisher of Nevada News & Views and blogs at MuthsTruths.com