(Chuck Muth) – The left is really, really good at playing with words to make bad things sound not so bad – like how they refer to race-based discrimination as “affirmative action” or illegal aliens as “undocumented immigrants.”
Um, they’re “undocumented” because they’re here illegally. Duh.
Over the past few years, they’ve been playing the same word game for their soft-on-crime public policies embraced by various liberal elected officials, judges and district attorneys. They call it…
“Criminal justice reform.”
Sounds so benign. I mean, who isn’t for “justice,” right?
In fact, the term is so vague and unclear that some people might actually think it means reforming our laws to make them TOUGHER on criminals – which is exactly the objective.
What it really means is to stop sending criminals to prison and giving arrested criminals, including many violent ones, get-out-of-jail-free cards so they can continue to prey on our neighborhoods without even having to post bail.
Here, let me give you just ONE recent example (there are TONS of them)…
Lee Wilson was arrested a week ago for shooting 14 people in an early morning rampage at a Las Vegas hookah lounge, killing one of them.
This guy’s rap sheet includes 82 PRIOR ARRESTS in Clark County, including 9 FELONY CONVICTIONS.
“Court documents,” News 3 reported, “show a long history of violence against people and animals (he shot and killed a pet dog named “Precious”). His charges include drug possession, domestic violence, burglary, and more.”
In his last brush with the law, before shooting up the hookah lounge, Wilson was charged with attempted murder after a bar fight in 2018.
He fled the state and was captured in Utah in 2019.
Then he took a plea deal on a lesser charge and was back on the streets by February 2021.
Why such a soft sentence for such a hardened criminal?
“Anytime you hear ‘criminal justice reform,’” noted Breitbart News last week, “it means going soft on criminals at the expense of law-abiding citizen safety.”
And who in Nevada is among the most ardent criminal justice reform warriors? Our very own top cop, Democrat Attorney General A.Ron Ford.
Ford, the Associated Press reported from the campaign trail in 2018, “said he also wants to tackle issues like criminal justice reform – an issue he focused on during his six-year tenure in the (state) Senate.”
“I think knowing that we have someone in the attorney general’s office who has unabashedly stated that he is interested in criminal justice reform,” Ford said, “would go a long way to demonstrate to communities of color that a new day has arrived.”
With Ford, it’s always all about race. He’s a race-hustler extraordinaire. Think Al Sharpton. It’s so bad you can’t even say he sees the world in black-and-white. He sees black, period.
“As Attorney General,” Ford declared in a statement to the Nevada Legislature in 2019 after he was elected, “I will bring a renewed focus to what I call the three Cs: consumer protection, civil rights, and criminal justice reform.”
And in case you think he might have gone soft on going soft on criminals after spending some time on the job, Ford declared in a September 2020 interview with Nevada Lawyer magazine that his office “sets the standard for criminal justice reform daily.”
Indeed, to this day his office’s website continues to declare that Ford’s “priority areas include…criminal justice reform.”
And in case there’s any doubt as to what, exactly, this means to him, Ford flat-out stated: “It is clear simply incarcerating people will not keep Nevada safer.”
What planet does this guy live on…where letting violent, career criminals OUT of jail somehow makes Nevada safer?
Unless you don’t think 82 prior arrests make you a career criminal.
If you’re wondering why it seems like they’ve installed a revolving door at the jailhouse, with low-lifes being caught and released to continue their mayhem on society, you can thank Nevada’s top cop, A.Ron Ford.
Wanna REALLY keep Nevada safer?
Start by dumping this soft-on-crime, catch-and-release, hug-a-thugger in this year’s election. Remember in November.
Ukraine is Screwed
I watched “Ukraine on Fire” on Rumble video over the weekend. Not sure how much of the documentary to believe; however, the very fact that YouTube has censored the film leads me think there’s something to it.
Worse, I have ZERO confidence in ANYTHING the Biden administration and the fake news media are telling us about this situation. I’ve only come to this conclusion: Trust nothing; question everything.
Even if I supported greater U.S. involvement in Ukraine, I wouldn’t trust Biden’s decision-making in doing it. As Obama once said, never underestimate his ability to f- things up. Ukraine is screwed.
Speaking of which…
Mitt “Never Trump” Romney has now called former Democrat presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard a traitor for supposedly “parroting false Russian propaganda” and opposing his idea of sending MiG fighter jets to Ukraine.
What a schmendrick.
* Has anybody seen Tony Fauci?
* Jussie Smollet – the Chicago race-hustlin’ hoaxer recently convicted of filing a false claim that he’d been accosted by Trump supporters – now says he was only found guilty because he’s black. No, he was found guilty because he’s guilty. And whipping out his Platinum Race Card won’t change that.
* Flashback: On January 19, 2019, race-hustlin’ Nevada Attorney General A.Ron Ford tweeted: “I pray for @JussieSmollett’s quick recovery, and I hope the perpetrators are caught and brought to justice.” Congrats, Mr. AG. You got your wish.
* Nevada Attorney General A.Ron Ford tweeted last week that “Any interference with a person’s health care decisions undermines those rights everywhere.” Of course, he was talking about aborting babies, not mandatory COVID vaccinations.
* Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak was bragging last week that anyone can obtain a printed copy of their driving record from the DMV “for just $7.” Excuse me, but why shouldn’t people be able to download it for free online, like a credit report? This guy really idea has no idea what he’s doing. No wonder he backed Biden.
* Guys, I know some of you don’t like Joe Lombardo. Fine. I get it. But I dislike Sisolak and what he’s done to this state FAR more. I have not endorsed ANYONE in the GOP primary race for governor. And if Sheriff Joe ends up being the Republican nominee, I’ll be “all in” for him. In the meantime, I’m neutral in this race and am just calling the primary as I see it. Capice?
* The California Republican Party last week released an extensive list of candidate endorsements. Interestingly, other than statewide candidates their endorsements are largely based on the endorsements of local county parties. Why aren’t Nevada’s county GOP organizations issuing endorsements? Epic fail. Get in the game, guys!
The Laxalt Laxative
Mother Jones Magazine:
This GOP Candidate Is the Son of a Senator and a Lobbyist. He’s Running Against the “Elites.” Nevada’s Adam Laxalt is no one’s idea of an outsider.
“There aren’t many definitions of ‘elites’ in the context of American power and politics that don’t include people like Adam Laxalt. He is sort of the archetype of what he’s railing against.”
New Tax Pledge Signers ‘22
- Troy La Mana – Nye County School Board
For the complete, running list of taxpayer champions who have pledged to “oppose and vote against any and all efforts to increase taxes,” click here
If you’ve already signed and your name is not on the list, please forward a copy of your Pledge to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a copy of the Pledge to sign, shoot me an email noting what seat you’re running for and I’ll send it to you.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“The only positive thing to emerge from this pandemic was a well-earned contempt for the press and its unabashed political bias and criminal degree of irresponsibility.” – James Woods
“Using commercially available geo-tracking cell phone data, True the Vote was able to take footage from drop boxes across America in key states like Georgia and others to track over 2,000 ‘mules” wearing gloves and disguises to stuff ballot boxes.” – Gateway Pundit
Mr. Muth is president of Citizen Outreach, publisher of Nevada News & Views and blogs at MuthsTruths.com