• The worm has turned. “For the first since President Obama took office, voters see his policies as equally to blame with those of President George W. Bush for the country’s current economic problems,” reports Rasmussen Reports today on a new national telephone survey that “finds that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters now think Obama’s policies are to blame for the continuing bad economy, up three points from last month. Forty-seven percent (47%) say the recession that began under Bush is at fault.”
• Following a similar trend, Rasmussen also reports today that “57% Say Health Care Plan Bad For the Country, 59% Favor Repeal.” I wonder if Republicans will (a) campaign on a promise to repeal ObamaCare if elected, and (b) actually do it if elected. I put the odds at no better than 50-50.
• The Dutch have ended their participation in in Afghanistan, with Canada and Poland planning on following them, which will put pressure on Germany and Britain to eventually scale back their forces, too. Pretty soon only Americans with both hands tied behind their backs will be dying in Obama’s War.
• Meanwhile, President Obama explained his ever-evolving foggy Afghan war objectives yesterday in a CBS interview: “Don’t allow terrorists to operate from this region. Don’t allow them to create big training camps and to plan attacks against the U.S. homeland with impunity.” Once again, the word “win” never left his lips.
• In part due to the Bush tax cuts being scheduled for termination by the end of the year, the “rich” have apparently shut their wallets, thus posing a serious threat for a double-dip recession just in time for the November elections. As Sarah Palin is wont to say, “So how’s that hopey-changey thing workin’ out?”
• Democrats and Republicans in Washington apparently finally agree on something; that at least 65 congressional seats are vulnerable in the upcoming election, with most of them currently being held by Democrats. Republicans only need to pick up a net of 39 seats to regain control of Congress.
• I hate AT&T Wireless. I hate AT&T Wireless. I hate AT&T Wireless. I hate AT&T Wireless. I hate AT&T Wireless. I hate AT&T Wireless. I hate AT&T Wireless. I hate AT&T Wireless. And the only thing worse than their cell service is their customer service.