If you think a government-run health care system would be a good thing, you must also think that our government-run postal system, education system, tax collection system and vehicle registration system are all top notch. You might also be an idiot.
In addition, wouldn’t it be nice if the Democrats could answer the simple question of exactly where in the Constitution the power to force every American to buy a health insurance policy comes from? Here’s a list of headlines on just that subject from CNS News today:
• Sen. Lautenberg Declines To Say Where Congress Gets Constitutional Authority To Mandate Health Insurance
• Sen. Bob Casey: Health Care Mandate Constitutional But Not Sure If There’s ‘Specific Constitutional Provision’
• Sen. Nelson: Constitutionally, Congress Can ‘Probably’ Mandate Health Insurance In ‘Same Place’ States Can Mandate Car Insurance
• Alaska Senator Begich Doesn’t Say Where Congress Gets Authority to Mandate Purchase of Health Insurance
• Sen. Sanders: Constitutional Authority for Congress’ Health Insurance Mandate ‘Probably’ Same As Medicare