(Chuck Muth) – So…
Last weekend the Nevada Republican Central Committee voted 226-212 to “censure” conservative Republican Nevada Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske for allegedly not doing her job in the state’s elections in 2020. Some key points…
* The SOS doesn’t make the laws; she implements them, as passed by the Legislature. When the Democrats upended the state’s election laws in a special session last summer, Cegavske testified strongly against the changes. Where was the Nevada GOP?
* Conducting elections is done by the county election departments, not the Secretary of State. The county with most of the problems was Clark. That’s under the control of the seven Democrats on the County Commission, not the Secretary of State.
* The problems experienced in the general election were already evident from the primary election. Why didn’t the Nevada GOP start investigating the problems last JUNE instead of waiting until November when it was already too late? That’s the party’s failure, not the Secretary of State’s.
* The Nevada GOP STILL refuses to release the detailed list of its supposed 122,000 voting fraud allegations to the public or the media to confirm. If they have any such evidence, why aren’t they showing it to you? What are they hiding?
* The Secretary of State has CONFIRMED that it IS investigating legitimate evidence of voting fraud, though the number is closer to 4,000, not 122,000
But they voted to censure Ms. Cegavske anyway.
Not only was the censure vote unwarranted, it was dumb, too. The fact is, Secretary Cegavske will still be the Secretary of State for the 2022 election cycle.
So how does it make any strategic sense to go to war with her instead of working with her to fix the problems?
Talk about stuck on stupid.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“I don’t understand much about politics…” – Blubber-blogger Jon Ralston, 1/2/20
Mr. Muth is president of Citizen Outreach, publisher of Nevada News & Views and blogs at MuthsTruths.com