(Chuck Muth) – Back in late October, I wrote about a Las Vegas abortion doctor, Adam Levy, who did a campaign commercial on behalf of extreme, pro-abortion Rep. Susie Lee (D-NV).
In the blog post, I referenced multiple articles about his “history of medical malpractice, including killing a woman in a botched abortion” and court documents “showing Levy was charged with one count of sexual assault on a girl under the age of 16 and six counts of lewdness on a girl under the age of 14.”
Well, on Thursday I received an email from a “Business & Personal Reputation Management” company out of Florida with the subject line: “Removal Request (First Notice) Respectfully.”
In it, the company requested that I take down my column and threatened that…
“Dr. Levy has expressed interest in retaining his attorneys to file action if this cannot be resolved cordially and will seek monetary damages which could include legal fees, court costs, and punitive damages.”
The company went on to apply even more pressure…
“The content in the URL is also slanderous, defamatory and tortious interference. Dr. Levy was never convicted of any crime as a result of a ‘botched abortion.’ He was also never convicted with a felony for sexual assault and took an Alford plea.”
“Pound sand (respectfully). Bring…it…on.”
Everything I wrote, the best of my knowledge, is absolutely accurate. The medical claim about the “botched abortion” is well-documented in court papers, as well as his guilty plea and conviction for “Child Abuse and Neglect.”
Now, if Levy really wants to sue me, that means we’ll have to air out additional elements of the story which I’d then be obligated to investigate more deeply. That would include the following allegations that I’ve heard, and believe would be documented and confirmed, in any such lawsuit…
- That the two little girls he pled guilty to abusing – both under 16 years of age at the time – are his own DAUGHTERS.
- That he would have/should have had his medical license revoked if he hadn’t been allowed to plead guilty to child abuse rather sexual child abuse.
- That in his divorce papers his ex-wife accused him of punching her in the stomach while she was pregnant because she refused to get an abortion.
- That the woman who died during the “botched abortion” had three young children…and he tried to collect legal fees from the orphans.
- That he continues to hang around teenage girls as a board member of “a center which is sanctioned by the U.S. Figure Skating Association and provides training and instruction to young boys and girls in the sport.”
All of which would have remained under the rug had Levy not decided to cut that commercial for Susie Lee and the Democrats in which he declared that “April Becker is a dangerous threat to the women of Nevada.”
Once he went public and entered the political arena, this thing called the “First Amendment” kicked in.
There was nothing “slanderous” or “defamatory” in anything I wrote since it was all based on public records and my own personal opinions based on those records.
So if Levy wants to re-open this Pandora’s box of worms with his frivolous lawsuit threat, well…see ya in court, Doc.
Mr. Muth is president of Citizen Outreach, publisher of Nevada News & Views and blogs at MuthsTruths.com. His views are his own.